We strive to give visitors an authentic feel for the age-old tradition of sake brewing and to deeply convey the heart of Japan as expressed through the art and craft of producing sake.
During the tour visitors have the opportunity to:
• Observe sake makers in person (reservation required)
• Taste our various sakes (free of charge)
• Purchase sake at our shop & cellar
• Enjoy sake & Japanese cuisine at our restaurant Sakabayashi in a wooden sake brewery
• A variety of entertainment is performed at the wooden brewery hall
We offer tours throughout the year except December. (This does not mean we brew sake year round.) Admission is free.
We are open 10am - 6pm, please arrive by 5pm at the latest. You must make a reservation one day in advance so we can plan for your visit.
• Deboard at JR Rokkomichi station (about a 5 minute drive)
• Deboard at Hanshin Ishiyagawa station (about a 8 minute walk)
• Deboard at JR Shin-Kobe station (about a 20 minute drive)
If you are traveling to Japan via the Kansai International Airport, there is a shuttle bus to the hotels near the brewery. If you are flying into the Kobe airport, you are much closer and can travel to Fukuju via the airport and local (Hanshin) rail lines in less than an hour.